Andrews Air Force Base -Just a few short miles from our Clinton, Maryland hotel location, the prestigious Joint Base Andrews (or Andrews Air Force Base as it is more widely known), ranks among the most important military bases in the world and is the home base for the aircraft of Air Force One. Set in Prince George's County, this Maryland base underwent significant changes on October 1, 2009, when it was merged with the United States Navy Naval Air Facility Washington. It was at this time that the name of the United States Air Force's Andrews Air Force Base was changed to Joint Base Andrews to reflect its new status.
Washington DC Sightseeing & Attractions -A leisure and business destination beyond compare, Washington DC is one of the most spectacular cities in the world. America's capital city is home to a near-endless array of museums, landmarks, historic sites, fine dining, shopping, popular tourist attractions, sporting events and more. Spend the day touring the museums of the Smithsonian Institution, which have the delightful added bonus of being free to visit, including the National Museum of American History and the National Air and Space Museum. Shop to your heart's delight along the charming streets of Georgetown. Go wild at the National Zoo! Visit majestic landmarks like the White House, Washington Monument, Arlington National Cemetery and Lincoln Memorial. The wonders of Washington DC await!
Maryland Area Attractions
- Joint Base Andrews - 2 miles
- Washington, D.C. - 12 miles
- Southern Maryland Hospital Center - .5 mile
- Six Flags America - 7 miles
- FedEx Field - 7 miles
- National Harbor - 7 miles
- Nationals Park - 12 miles
- The United States Capitol - 13 miles
- FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center) - 1 mile
- University of Maryland - 9 miles
- U.S. Census Bureau - 5 miles
- The Show Place Arena - 9 miles
- The White House - 13 miles
- World War II Memorial - 13.5 miles
- Waldorf, Maryland - 7 miles
- Arlington National Cemetery - 16 miles
- Prince George's Community College - 7 miles
- Goddard Space Flight Center - 12 miles
- The Washington Monument - 14 miles
- The Pentagon - 15 miles
Maryland Hotel Driving Directions
From the North -Head south on I-495/I-95. Take exit 7A to merge onto MD-5 S / Branch Ave toward Waldorf. Turn left onto Surratts Rd. Destination will be on the left.
From the South -Head north on I-95. Take exit 7A to merge onto MD-5 S / Branch Ave toward Waldorf S. Turn left onto Surratts Rd. Destination will be on the left.
From the East -Head southwest on US-301 S toward Westwood Dr. Turn right onto Frank Tippett Rd. Take the first left onto Surratts Rd. Destination will be on the right.
From the West -Head east on I-66. Take exit 64A for I-495 S toward Richmond. Merge onto I-495. Take exit 7A to merge onto MD-5 S / Branch Ave toward Waldorf S. Turn left onto Surratts Rd. Destination will be on the left.
Maryland Hotel Transportation
- Ronald Reagan National Airport - 19 miles
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- 45 miles
- BWI Airport - 42 miles
- Greyhound - 14 miles
- Amtrak - 11 miles